Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Little MissMatched Socks

Begin shameless self promotion...

So, I found this quirky little company that was holding a film competition:

LittleMissMatched Socks

The deal is: make a video one minute or less in length and use two of their mis-matched socks at some point in the video. If your video gets the most votes between August 2nd-16th, you win their first place prize: $1,000!

That happens to be just about enough to cover the costs of getting prints of my films made and putting them in distribution, so I figured I would go for it (plus, it seems like a good enough company)...

Now today is August 2nd, so I'm trying to get the word out. Check their web site out and watch the movies. I am hoping that you might like mine best ("I Was Left (You may be right)" is the title and my real name is Courtney Hoskins) and give me a vote, but vote for someone, at least (there's something in it for you, too)! My bestest buddy Carl Fuermann has a film ("Sockadoo") there too. I'd be thrilled if he won, as well!

End shameless self promotion...

1 comment:

sea dot said...

Oh, by the way. We lost.

>:-| Oh well. At least there were no submission fees!