Friday, December 08, 2006

How do people keep up?

I've been so neglectful of my little blog! I sometimes wonder how people keep up. I've been through the hell of trying to find a new job lately, but my work has finally paid off: I just got a great new job as a web developer!
To get it, though, I had to put myself through computer programming boot camp- learning and "reminding" myself of all of the different languages out there.

I had a great line of defense, though. I figured that if anyone asked me a question to which I had no answer I would just grin sheepishly and state, "I'm in Mensa."
Luckily, I didn't have to resort to such tactics. It turned out that all I had to do was be myself. They were more interested in my creative side (especially the film work).

I pop open a bottle of champaigne and share it with my virtual blog-reading friends! To tenacity! To being yourself! To... oh, hell, I'll just say it... a huge-ass raise that will keep the film production gears turning!!!

(And to Sudafed for giving me the buzz to share all of this in under 15 seconds...)

No comments: